Friday, March 21, 2008

Passiflora Caerulea

Passiflora Caerulea
Original Miniature Watercolour
Altered Art
by Chris Plastic



I have this great vintage anatomy volume
and I was flipping through it one night
when I came across this illustration
of a dissected eyeball.
Only what I saw was a Passion Flower.
So I thought I'd just help other people see that too!



Apparently I'm not the only one who saw the flower,
as this bee appears to have fallen in love with it.



This delightful little piece of mock Victoriana is done in watercolours
and it comes in its own darling little frame.
It is crypically initialed on the front,
as well as dated.
The painting itself is a three inch circle.
The frame is solid brass, so it's a little heavy,
and it has a stand on the back so it can sit
pretty on your shelf or you can remove the stand
and have yourself a lovely wallflower.

As much as this piece feels substantial,
it should be handled with care,
as the bee was not part of the frame and is glued in place,
as is the painting.


THANK YOU for stopping by!

*the first picture is linked to the eBay auction for this piece.


No comments: