Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Venture Into ACEO.

I'd heard about ACEOs in my quest for Art on eBay and didn't think much of it at first. Then I realized I was seeing listings for them everywhere and figured I should look into it. This resulted in my starting to collect these miniature works of art.

I found that I enjoyed the little gems so much that maybe I'd even try it myself some time. It would be a new challenge for me, as I prefer to work in a much larger scale, but it seemed doable. I just had no idea how much so until I attempted my first ACEO - a self portrait.

To me this isn't just any self portrait. Aside from it being a miniature, it is painted and in full colour, where I'd only ever done self portraits in pencil or monochromatic marker, so I wasn't even sure I could actually do it. Nonetheless, I got out my stack of playing cards, a pencil, gesso, and acrylic paints and just went for it!



(Obviously this is an enlargement, as ACEOs are 2 1/2 by 3 1/2".)

I think it came out ok. I've provided the large version to show some of the detail better, as this painting is posted on eBay, along with my other ACEOs.



You can view the listing for this painting by clicking the above image and from there you'll be able to link to my others.

THANKS so much for looking!





No comments: