Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Air Head

Guess who was up until the crack of dawn finishing a new painting!? I was too tired to post anything by the time I was finished with it, but now I have a scan of it so you can see it a little better than if I'd used my webcam. Because the painting is glossy there are some reflections that interfere with the appearance a bit, but overall you can get an idea of the colour scheme and the subtle shadings.



This is another ACEO painted on a playing card, so it is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2". I'd have never thought I would be able to paint in such a small space, but as it turns out I've been enjoying the challenge of trying to get as much detail into these little guys as possible. I may need a new set of eyes a lot sooner or at least a new 5/0 round brush. (That would be a brush that's about the size of a tooth pick.)



Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: