Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's a Good Thing I'm Picky!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda embarrassed about the earlier incarnations of my current collage. Now that I've taken a good bit of time to rework the colours, I feel that the image has a lot more punch. While it's all well and good to use a few vibrant colours for visual appeal, it can distract, not only from the image itself, but from the underlying message. So I think the reworking of this image has really helped, both with the impact and the message. Before the colours were a bit muddy, aside from being a bit distracting. Sure the glaring brightness might have pointed up the irony of the image, but I don't really think that needed highlighting. Also I think the previous colour scheme competed with more than complimented the image.

Now the only problem is deciding which of the later variants I like best. There are three contenders, but for me it's a tie between two of them. I do already have in mind which one I prefer, but I wonder which one appeals most to others. So here are, what I believe to be, the final three variants of Protect Your Future.










No comments: